Nakupuna Companies Supporting AFAC
Aloha ‘Ohana! The Nakupuna Companies Arlington Office is hosting a fundraising campaign to support AFAC and would love for you to show your support for our community!
For our December Project Kupu event, the Nakupuna Companies Arlington office is hosting a fundraiser and canned food drive to support The Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC). The AFAC provides Arlington-area families and individuals with access to nutritious, supplemental groceries, free of charge.
- According to the Capital Area Food Bank’s Hunger 2020 Report, 15,870 individuals in Arlington are food insecure (having limited or uncertain access to food, reduced food intake, and disrupted eating patterns). Last year, AFAC served 13,905 total individuals, or 88% of reported food insecure individuals.
There are a few different ways Nakupuna can help the AFAC this holiday season:
- Bring canned goods (no glass) to donate to the Crystal City office (251 18th Street South Suite 1005 Arlington, VA 22202). We will have a donation box in the 10th and 6th floor suites starting this week.
- Donate online at Nakupuna Companies Supporting AFAC – AFAC.
- Cash donations will be accepted at the Arlington holiday party on December 15th. We will be doing a cash donation collection where you can receive additional raffle tickets for our door prizes for donations made!
- $5 donation = 3 additional raffle tickets
- $10 donation = 8 additional raffle tickets
- $20 donation = 15 additional raffle tickets
Together, we can brighten this holiday season for many in our community. Any amount that you donate will help. Mahalo in advance for your support!