Give Hope this Holiday Season to Arlington Families!
Close out your year on an up note and support our Fundraising Campaign for Arlington Food Assistance Center!
Through various community referral programs, AFAC provides dignified access to nutritious supplemental groceries for our Arlington neighbors experiencing food insecurity. We’ve all recently felt the grocery sticker shock – but for many area elderly, disabled, low-income-earning individuals and families, the cost of food weighs much heavier after two long years of pandemic layoffs, skyrocketing rents, and record gas prices during a time that celebrates hope and joy.
Any amount you donate will help our community. Below are some suggested donations and supported essentials:
• $20 – nine 1/2gal bottles of milk or a 50lb bag of sweet potatoes
• $30 – ten 12oz packs of cereal, twenty-four 1lb cans of soup, twenty-four 6oz cans of tuna, a 50lb bag of rice, or a 40lb case of oranges or bananas
• $35 – a 30lb case of bell peppers, a 42lb case of apples, or a 50lb bag of rice or potatoes
• $40 – a 50lb bag of dried beans or a 40lb case of chicken
• $60 – twenty 1lb chubs of ground beef
• $70 – twenty-four 1lb chubs of ground pork or twenty 1lb packs of cod fillets
The below levels supports 1 Arlington-area family for the following durations:
• $35 – 1 week (approx. 30 lbs of food)
• $140 – 1 month (approx. 120 lbs of food)
• $420 – 3 months (approx. 360 lbs of food)
Thank you so much for your support. Together, we can brighten this holiday season for many in our community.