Volunteer COVID Policies
Thank you for volunteering with AFAC! Due to the ongoing pandemic, we have some new rules and guidelines for volunteers. Please follow these rules to keep yourself and others healthy and safe:
COVID Precautions: We are continually tweaking our operations to maximize volunteer, client, and staff safety.
- We have decreased the number of volunteers we allow in the warehouse, as a whole, and in all spaces within. With fewer volunteers, it is extra important that those who sign up for shifts report as scheduled.
- Please do your absolute best to maintain social distancing while at AFAC. We have set up our sorting and bagging stations to help keep volunteers six feet apart.
- If you, or anybody you live with, do not feel well and/or are showing any symptoms of COVID, please cancel your shift and stay home to rest. If your cancellation is within 24 hours of your shift start time, please email us, so we can actively recruit to fill your slot.
- When possible, we are holding food distributions outside. If you signed up for a distribution shift, please dress accordingly.
- When you arrive, please immediately wash your hands, then put on gloves. We provide gloves and require that all volunteers wear them.
- Volunteers and staff are required to wear masks at all times. You are welcome to bring your own mask, or use one we provide.