AFAC Reopens Food Distribution at The Springs and Tuesday Evenings at Nelson
AFAC is partnering with the Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing (APAH) to reopen a food distribution center at The Springs apartment complex on Wednesday afternoons, starting April 6.
Residents at other APAH properties in northern Arlington will be eligible to pick up groceries from The Springs, increasing access to food by hosting a food distribution center closer to where they live.
AFAC will resume Tuesday evening distributions at Nelson, starting on April 26. This is a second weekday evening option for clients who visit Nelson to pick up groceries.
AFAC’s updated food distribution hours at Nelson Street will be:
- Monday: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm AND 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm AND 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Friday: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 – 11:00 am
AFAC will be closed for Thursday evening distribution only on April 28.