Who we are:
AFAC is a 35 year-old, well-respected, and award winning food pantry whose mission is to feed families and individuals in need by providing dignified access to nutritious supplemental groceries. As a non-profit organization, AFAC relies heavily on volunteers to assist with the distribution of groceries to over 2,300 families who come to AFAC each week. AFAC also relies on the generous gifts of food and funds from our donors to meet the growing demand for our services. See our website for more information: www.afac.org.
The Development Associate works closely with the Director of Development, the Associate Director of Communications, and the Development Manager to develop, nurture, and grow successful donor relationships through seamless gift processing and receipting, creative email and direct mail appeals, effective contact with monthly donors, and ensuring donors have a great time at our events!
- Gift Processing - Ensure that monetary donations, including cash, checks, credit card, direct deposit, and stocks, are accurately and promptly processed;
- Database Entry - Enter gifts into the donor database and properly code for appropriate acknowledgement, receipting, fund tracking, and compliance with internal and external audit requirements;
- Acknowledgement - Create and distribute seasonal letters for donors. Ensure letters are accurate and sent in a timely manner;
- Fundraising - Assist in designing and executing direct mail plans and fundraising platforms working closely with the Associate Director of Communications;
- Donor Relationships - Collaborate with the Development Director in drafting and implementing a comprehensive donor stewardship and engagement plan to build donor trust through consistent and meaningful contact;
- Communication - Support the Associate Director of Communications in developing the organization’s graphic identity, messaging, and communications;
- Events - Collaborate with Development Department colleagues in the planning and execution of AFAC fundraising events;
- Interact cordially with fellow staff members, donors, volunteers, and community partners;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of the shared principles and values of a community-based nonprofit;
- Ability to integrate into and work well with our team;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks accurately and promptly;
- Ability to communicate in excellent written and verbal English; proficiency in Spanish is a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Google Workspace;
- Familiarity with databases (Donor Perfect, PayPal, WordPress, etc.);
- A minimum of one year of development experience would be helpful;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The position is full-time (40 hours a week) and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. The position includes ten paid holidays, paid annual and sick leave as outlined in the Employee Handbook, paid health benefits, and a generous 401K plan.
The position reports directly to the Director of Development. Work hours are generally 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required as the duties and responsibilities may demand.
Interested individuals should submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position in the email subject line.