Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC)
2708 S. Nelson St.
Monday-Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Saturdays: 8:30 am – 1 pm
Arlington Farmers’ Market at Courthouse (mid-June – October)
N. Courthouse Rd. and N. 14th St.
Look for the cooler by the Master Gardeners help table
Saturdays only: 8:30 am – 12 pm
Rock Spring U.C.C. (mid-June – October)
5010 Little Falls Rd
Look for donation bin on Rock Spring Dr. in the sheltered walkway on the side of the church
Sundays only 9 – noon
- Green Beans
- Winter squash
- Garlic, onions
- Carrots, radishes, turnips
- Collard and kale greens
- White potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Hard fruit (apples, pears)
- Please brush or wash off all dirt, and avoid donating produce that has serious bruising, insect damage, or splitting
- A good rule of thumb: donate only produce which you would purchase for your own family.
- Vegetables should be free of dirt and mud.
- Vegetables should not be insect ridden.
- Please try not to mix vegetables. It takes time for volunteers to sort and repackage them.
- Preferred packaging methods: clam shells or zip-lock bags. Portion sizes should be good for a family of 4.
- Please label produce that might not be readily identifiable by volunteers and clients (for instance, kohlrabi, garlic scapes, purslane, etc).
Local Farmers: If you have produce to be gleaned or that you would like to donate, please contact us at (703) 845-8486, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.