Fresh fruits and vegetables can be donated directly to AFAC's warehouse:
Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC)
2708 S. Nelson St.
Monday-Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturdays: 8:30 am - 1 pm
*Help us keep a safe distance and leave your donations on the loading dock. A staff member will take your donations and weigh it on the scale. If you would like a receipt, you will need to fill out your information on the receipt book.
Here is a recommended list of produce that can be donated:
- Green Beans
- Winter squash
- Garlic, onions
- Carrots, radishes, turnips
- Collard and kale greens
- White potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Hard fruit (apples, pears)
- Please brush or wash off all dirt, and avoid donating produce that has serious bruising, insect damage, or splitting
- A good rule of thumb: donate only produce which you would purchase for your own family.
General rule of thumb:
- Vegetables should be free of dirt and mud.
- Vegetables should not be insect ridden, have serious bruising, or splitting.
- Do not mix vegetables. It takes time for volunteers to sort and repackage them.
- Preferred packaging methods: clam shells or zip-lock bags. Portion sizes should be good for a family of 4.
- Label produce so families and volunteers know what it is.