You can help AFAC Drive Away Hunger!
Throughout the year, AFAC hosts Drive Away Hunger food drives at various grocery stores. The AFAC van will be parked outside and volunteers will ask shoppers for food donations. By the end of the afternoon, the van will be full of food donations for AFAC! If you're interested in volunteering at a Drive Away Hunger food drive, email email@example.com. If you can't volunteer, consider shopping and donating at the store!
Upcoming grocery store food drives:
Help us fill Arlington Transit STAR vehicles with food donations! Dedicated STAR vans will be parked outside this Giant for the duration of the food drive. Volunteers will be at this grocery store to collect donations. No flyers will be handed out and donations can be dropped into dedicated shopping carts outside the store. Here…
You are invited to join AFAC each spring as we Shine a Light on Hunger and honor those in our community – the many individuals, families, corporations, and community partners – who contribute to AFAC’s success. Let us bring elegance and inspiration together as we celebrate over 30 years of fulfilling our mission and feeding…
Buy Sponsorships AFAC’s 6th Annual Golf Tournament, at the Army Navy Country Club in Arlington will be held on Monday, September 21, 2020! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this event will have several changes to meet course and public health guidelines, including the following: For safety reasons, we will only have 72 golfers. Each golfer…
Hold your own grocery store food drive!
Grocery store food drives are a terrific way to spend the afternoon with your family, friends, or colleagues and a great way to collect a lot of food in a short amount of time! This is also an opportunity for students who need to log volunteer hours.
- Ask the manager at your local grocery store if they'll allow you to collect food donations outside their storefront on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Notify AFAC of your food drive by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to track your volunteer hours for school, email email@example.com.
- Assemble your team of friends, family, or colleagues. Staff the food drive in shifts of 3 - 4 people for 1 - 2 hours each. Your team can pass out flyers that list the foods AFAC needs most. Flyer templates
- Collect donations in an AFAC food drive box or a shopping cart - shopping carts allow you to easily transport food to your vehicle. Pass out flyers to shoppers as they enter the store. Let them know you're collecting donations for the Arlington Food Assistance Center to feed Arlington families in need.
- Deliver your food collection to AFAC during food drop-off hours.