Date/Time: 03/02/2019, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Arlington Central Library
Plot Against Hunger presents the 6th Annual Spring Garden Kick-off featuring speakers, knowledgeable practitioners, free seeds, and demonstrations of garden techniques. The kick-off is a great way to learn about how to start a garden for AFAC, how to donate produce to AFAC, and hear from community garden coordinators and others about lessons learned.
• Learn about AFAC’s Plot Against Hunger gardens and how to establish your own
• Attend presentations by local experts on seed starting, irrigation, lasagna & container gardening, transplanting, composting, irrigation, mulching, pest control, smart moves in the garden (taught by a physical therapist), and fruit tree pruning
• Exhibit tables on winter gardening, Northern Virginia Extension Service, 4-H in the schools, Master Gardeners, Edible Landscapes, and others
• Free vegetable and herb seeds for AFAC gardeners; containers for bagging donations, seed pots and trays.
• BONUS: Take home coffee grounds to enrich your soil and samples from AFAC’s Walter Reed Garden compost.
Light refreshments will be available. All are welcome.
Please fill out the form below to RSVP (or click here).
For more information, contact Puwen at PlotAgainstHunger@afac.org.